Ayurveda has been using tea tree oil for thousands of years because of its many benefits. Tea tree oil balances all three doshas in Ayurveda – vata, pitta, and kapha. From the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia, tea tree oil is a product known as melaleuca oil. Also, the tea tree plant isn’t like a regular tea plant. Melaleuca products are known as the knight in shining armor because it protects against infections and allergies. As an anti-inflammatory, soothing, antiallergic, antimicrobial, and nourishing oil, it can be used to treat a bunch of skin problems and hair problems.
- Enhances the glow of the skin: In terms of skin benefits, Melaleuca products have many benefits. Not only does it improve the radiance of your skin, but it also makes it smooth and less dry, which is what skin needs to look radiant and glowing.
- Acne-fighting properties: As an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, tea tree oil is very effective against acne. There is some evidence that tea tree oil soothes inflammation, swelling, and redness. It removes toxins and prevents the clogging of pores. Tea tree oil also reduces and lightens scars. It restores the natural oil balance of the skin.
- Skin infection prevention: This oil helps to clear infections as it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Among the many benefits of tea tree oil are that it helps heal skin infections like psoriasis, herpes, and athlete’s foot, as well as reducing irritation and inflammation. To treat the affected areas, you can mix tea tree oil with moisturizer or olive oil.
- Skin cancer prevention: It has been found that tea tree oil is effective in treating skin cancer. It reduces cancerous tumours according to research.
- Lice and dandruff prevention: The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil are effective in treating lice, dandruff, white flakes, and dead skin from the scalp. It also serves as a conditioner and cleanser for the dry scalp and soothes lice. You can get the best results by applying a few drops of tea tree oil each day to your hair.
- Reduces hair loss: It promotes natural hair growth and strengthens your hair as well as act as a tonic for your hair.
- Getting rid of nail fungus: If you use tea tree oil alone or in conjunction with other natural remedies, you will be able to get rid of nail fungus. Nail fungus is common, but difficult to treat. A few drops of tea tree oil can be applied to the affected area alone or mixed with coconut oil.